Thread: Audio Magic beeswax fuse $175 Really???

Audio Magic beeswax fuse $175 Really???

I bought a Hifi Tuning fuse back when they were still $50 and I thought that was a lot. Also, is it safe to put a flammable substance like beeswax in a fuse? Crazy.

There is just so much time in ones' audio life... I have yet to try aftermarket fuses. I have so many different components with small fuses, long fuses, each one a different voltage and amp, I would go crazy just removing them all to find the values!
    Founder: AVShowrooms- over 15,000,000 video views! featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Kronos Ltd. video review- AVS, Audionet- AVS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phrase: Bugatti of Audio.

Quote Originally Posted by peteravshow View Post
    There is just so much time in ones' audio life... I have yet to try aftermarket fuses. I have so many different components with small fuses, long fuses, each one a different voltage and amp, I would go crazy just removing them all to find the values!
    Steve McCormack was the one who talked me into trying the Hifi Tuning fuse for my DNA-500 amp. It wasn't until I called him back to let him know I actually heard an improvement that he told me there were a total of 16 fuses in that amp. To realize the full potential of those fuses I would have to replace all 16, Again, really???

So that's why the Hifi Tuning fuse now resides in my audio junk drawer.

I never tried any hi-end audiophile fuse; I wish all audio electronic manufacturers would make their own and include them in the audio gear we buy from them.
    That way music would always sound good and we wouldn't have to spend more money to replace all the parts they use in their gear to make them ourselves sound better than them who couldn't do in the first place. I guess we pay what we get for, and the more the better our sound gets.

If they put wax from bees inside ultra hi-end fuses there must be a good sounding reason; it is strange that 99.999999999999999999999999% of all the audio electronics manufacturers missed/omitted that important audio quest. I think they do have electronic schools where we can learn how to improve our sound with nature.
    I would love to buy analog interconnects for my TT with beeswax inside. Do you know who's selling those?

But one question I have; I'm sure it improves the sound, I have no issue in believing in my own ears and other's ears, but is bees wax that truly expensive today?
    Are bees an almost extinct species? Are they making less wax than they used to? And last, can we use our own wax...the one we can produce naturally from our own ears?
    About wax from candles they sell @ thrift stores?

After five minutes this post will self destruct...mission: impossible.

pouf

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Kraft View Post
    To realize the full potential of those fuses I would have to replace all 16, Again, really???
    This is my territory as you can see here!

http://avshowroomsforums.com/showthr...et-Fuses/page2

The answer to your question is NO. The replacement of the fuse of the power entry is enough to hear some good difference.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    I never tried any hi-end audiophile fuse; I wish all audio electronic manufacturers would make their own and include them in the audio gear we buy from them. … it is strange that 99.999999999999999999999999% of all the audio electronics manufacturers missed/omitted that important audio quest.
    I think most of the engineers do not pay much attention to this stuff. Like too many audiophiles, maybe they are skeptical about.

I never tried the AudioMagic beeswax fuse. But I have the Super (two of them). And what can I say? They are in a different league of all the others I have tried. When i bought this super fuse, at time, i wrote in a portuguese forum:

"…at this point (*) will be some audio skeptics to think: “well done pirate! We know that fuse is a path that does not make any sense because there is no way out and is just a typical audio fools wandering ". Well, one can go around the world in order to reach the conclusion that there is no land like ours and would not want to live elsewhere. But to make this statement, you must have made the trip, right? And yet we return enriched by what we saw and assimilated. Is this how I feel. It worth the trip (regular; Bussman; AMR; Synergistic Research; AHP; Hifi Tuning). Not over yet! Fuses are a wonderful new world that I came to find out, and sometimes they can make more difference in the sound than the exchange of an active component.

Such that is a good part of the fascination, is also a disappointment factor because some fuses end up having a very unique sound, which makes them very different from each other. It generates perplexity but also generates hope: the hope that somewhere a magic fuse, with the right sound can really exist. Hypothetically we would be talking of getting together the qualities of the best, which would amount to be neutral. In a fuse this neutrality would be the simple ability to allow the electric current to flow without interference or constrictions. But is this absolute neutrality a chimera? Pursuing this idea of a clean sound, with no artificial colors, where everything would be revealed naturally, is pursuing the very Holy Grail itself, right? But when it comes to some of the major brands of audio equipment, we can immediately associate them with a particular sound. In truth this is the antithesis of neutrality. In my opinion the relentless pursuit of neutrality and the elimination of easily identifiable sound signature is what we should look for in any component, whether active or passive. But if so many top gear have not found yet this neutrality, is not truly fruitless searching this in a fuse? A fuse is an "infinitesimally small" element in the chain of an audio system, but to be truly colorless, would have to contain in itself the DNA of the Holy Grail that we seek. I´m not even sure that this DNA has already been discovered in any audio equipment, so, and once again, why start this quest at the fuse level? Whatever the level to which we're referring to, I think it is this kind of question, that is, the demand for something that has not been found and whose existence is only a theoretical hypothesis, which makes many with minimal knowledge to do so, to work hard and dedicate lots of time and patience to try to (re) invent old and new solutions to get the results that we all seek for and they´re not available on the market.

And if that was your case and for some reason you find something that makes the sound of your system evolve to a frankly different performance, something absolutely free that takes you to meet with pure, crystal, clear and full sound? I am not referring here to look for more and better bass or treble. I am talking about a new level of transparency to allow distinguish perfectly steel and nylon strings or identify the brand of the piano or electric guitar; I am talking about feel the majesty and the size of a church organ; I am talking of listen to an unprecedented tone and smoothness of a violin, that makes you give a look in the booklet just to confirm your guess that you are listen a Stradivarious…

If you started this search at fuse level and at the end you found something really special, what would you do? If you feel being in the presence of an embryo of the finest sound pedigree, DNA bearer of absolute neutrality, a real quantum portal to another dimension of resolution and transparency, what name you would choose? I tell you: AudioMagic!

Who wants to believe, believe! I no longer need to believe. I am sure!

Yeeeeeeesssssssssssss!

(*) I refer to the disappointment with the others

If I was a hi-end audio designer (amps, preamps), my products will include the best sounding parts...meaning quality materials that are the best conductors of audio signals with the utmost transparency, high fidelity music, and pure unadulterated natural neutrality and integrity to the live music performance in 3D holographic presentation, and with the most minuscule amount possible of distortion. ...Into virgin territory where man has never put foot in history of our planet. ...Like less than 0.000001% THD. ...And the shortest paths...no wires...or super short with the straightest gain.
    I would be experimenting with scientific analysis and the best sets of ears in the professional recording music business (listening tests), for the right fuses that fit my meticulously trademark audio sound designs.

If I find an improvement from fuses using copper caps and a silver filament encircled by cryogenic treated cloud of Saturn dust, inserted inside with a black widow spider, alive, and contained/encapsulated in a sarcophage of turquoise shells from the Mediterranean sea, I would have my factory building them and put them in my units, all units.
    I can guaranty that, you can rest assured that not a single minute detail like that would excape my designer brain.

I love music as much as the girl next door, and that's what it's all about.

Senior Member and Executive Music Editor javad's Avatar
    I like the distortion idea. Want to hear sound with that distortion someday.

There are some companies achieved very low distortion like Devialet and Chrod, ... but they are far from 0.000001% THD. I think with less than 0.000001% THD, you can never have analogue like sound. It can be very clean but it doesn't mean it's pleasant for listening. The main reason tubes and analogue sound is very pleasant to hear is distortion. these are some articles about distortion:

Distortion In The Studio
    Why Tubes Sound Better

I like to hear very clean sound but since it has soul.
    Last edited by javad; 09-17-2016 at 08:47 AM.

If I was a hi-end audio designer (amps, preamps), my products will include the best sounding parts...meaning quality materials that are the best conductors of audio signals with the utmost transparency, high fidelity music, and pure unadulterated natural neutrality and integrity to the live music performance in 3D holographic presentation, and with the most minuscule amount possible of distortion.
    There are a lot of products presented as “cost no object”.
    The question for me is about some basic concerns that should be taken, even in the most affordable gear. Like fuses or the feet of the equipments. It´s incredible but the feet can really change the performance of a audio equipment. Maybe for that reason Magico speakers is paying extreme attention to this factor.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/09...ystem-new.html

Maybe the problem, as you say, this is yet like virgin territory.

I love music as much as the girl next door, and that's what it's all about.
    Sure it´s all about music but what makes us so interested in audio gear? In my case, i tell you: listen to music with a good performance makes me feel in contact with God.

Quote Originally Posted by javad View Post
    I like the distortion idea. Want to hear sound with that distortion someday. I like to hear very clean sound but since it has soul.
    You touch the heart of the problem Javad: can a clean and with no distortion sound be pleasant?
    I think so, and I think audio high end is going to that way right now. I Think there were times (after the rise of the CD, when so many audiophiles became tired of digital and aggressive sound), when several manufacturers try to connect their products to the “analogue sound”. And the distortion became king for a long period. But, in my opinion, in the future, a truly high end performance will not have place for distortion (but it must have all the soul – i´m totally with you in this point).

The trouble with analog is physics.
    The trouble with digital is mathematics.
    The trouble with Live is acoustics.... Except for the pro acoustically balanced halls.
    _______

The future of audio is in sound dispersion and in digital signal processing.
    ...Not the fuses but the diffusion in a constant variable level of 3-dimensionality.

I think.