Thread: New site and look for AVShowrooms!

New site and look for AVShowrooms!

We began wire framing the new site this week. It will be a totally dynamic site using the latest development tools and technology experts. Search will be a key aspect of the new site. You will be able to search by component type, show year and location, review, and company name. The videos will load boom, boom, boom- fast and clear with high rez thumbs!

The site will have a modern multi-media look like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime (but without element and functional copyright infringements). We have a top design team and you will love the new multi-media experience. We are initially planning on top-down scrolling for desktop ease but with a "right sized" left-right viewing function for mobile users.

Currently, our site is the best mobile rendering site in audio, we will only improve upon that.

In addition...

Name:  new clean 754.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  82.4 KB
    Founder: AVShowrooms- over 15,000,000 video views! featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Kronos Ltd. video review- AVS, Audionet- AVS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phrase: Bugatti of Audio.

Quote Originally Posted by peteravshow View Post
    We began wire framing the new site this week. It will be a totally dynamic site using the latest development tools and technology experts. Search will be a key aspect of the new site. You will be able to search by component type, show year and location, review, and company name. The videos will load boom, boom, boom- fast and clear with high rez thumbs!
    Fantastic !

Congratulations

Great news Peter, I am so looking forward to seeing and being part of the new site.

Our web designers are finally getting near the finish line. What is it with web designers? I know one audio company that spent thousands of dollars and it took the designers 1.5 years to finish the site. I guess I can't complain with our guys being 5 months behind schedule. We had a June 1st delivery date and it looks like it's going to be Nov 1st at this point. Sheesh. Then again, I know many audio companies that take years to deliver products (no mention of names with amps with a gazillion tubes).

Anyway, we hit 12,000,000 views. Another milestone! We are so proud to lead the audio industry on Youtube! So many people have discovered high-end audio through our Youtube serve-ups!

Name:  12  million New FB Temp pnt merged.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  67.4 KB
    Founder: AVShowrooms- over 15,000,000 video views! featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Kronos Ltd. video review- AVS, Audionet- AVS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phrase: Bugatti of Audio.

Senior Member and Executive Music Editor javad's Avatar
    Peter, Who's Developing your web site? I guess they are very busy group or you changed lots of parts during designing.

Advanced Design, based in Spring House PA. They moved their office during our build... grrrr. But it's moving along. It is an OpenCart based site. They chose this over Wordpress because we can get viewers to the content faster with fewer clicks. The downside is the CMS is template based and I still have cut and paste code. But even in a Wordpress site I would have to copy and paste into the CMS. Might as well control the actual templates. I'll just keep a file of the basic templates and work in Notepad plus... No matter what you build in, you have to have image galleries (browse and click and upload) and cut and paste txt. We will hire a part-timer or intern for this work next year. I should be spending my time on filming and listening, not developing. We are far past the start-up stage

Senior Member and Executive Music Editor javad's Avatar
    They could finish the project sooner. I thought they're creating custom CMS in 5 months.

I'm waiting to see new web site. It must be interesting.

I'll link everyone to a draft after RMAF. It's very clean, click, click, and on you are on the videos with full search. It makes the "the other" sites look like yesteryear.