Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spock system

Spock system

Now, in the right place to present the system with a family photo

Lyngdorf CD1 (CD)
    Ortofon 7NX- AIC X1 Premium (RCA): Interconnects to the Pre
    Cambrige 840 E (Pre amplifier)
    Interconnects to the power: DIY construction from a friend of mine (who recently create a brand of cables - Audiofidem).
    Lyngdorf SDA 2175 (power amplifier)
    Audioquest FLX SLIP 14/4 with audioquest banana plugs (speaker cables)
    Usher Audio Mini Dancer 2 DMD (loudspeakers)
    AC Power Cables: DIY construction based on Kimber cables.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  34.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SPOCK View Post
    Now, in the right place to present the system with a family photo

Lyngdorf CD1 (CD)
    Ortofon 7NX- AIC X1 Premium (RCA): Interconnects to the Pre
    Cambrige 840 E (Pre amplifier)
    Interconnects to the power: DIY construction from a friend of mine (who recently create a brand of cables - Audiofidem).
    Lyngdorf SDA 2175 (power amplifier)
    Audioquest FLX SLIP 14/4 with audioquest banana plugs (speaker cables)
    Usher Audio Mini Dancer 2 DMD (loudspeakers)
    AC Power Cables: DIY construction based on Kimber cables.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  34.9 KB
    That's a fine looking system, I bet it sounds wonderful.
    Founder: AVShowrooms- over 15,000,000 video views! featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Kronos Ltd. video review- AVS, Audionet- AVS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phrase: Bugatti of Audio.

What equipment rack are you using, looks cool!
    Very interesting.
    Owner of United Home Audio www.unitedhomeaudio.com
    Manufacturer of UHA Reel to Reel Tape Decks since 2008.
    Dealer for: MBL level 3 dealer, Aesthetix, Electrocompainet, PS Audio, Clearaudio, Triangle Art Turntables, SME, Hanss Acoustics Turntables, Benz Micro, AMG Analog, NOLA Speakers, Vienna Acoustics, King Sound Speakers, Von Schweikert, Furutech, Synergistic Research, Tara Labs, Isoclean, Shun Mook, many more.
    A Video Tour of the UHA MBL Reference System = https://youtu.be/fr8O_jZhpl4

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Beron View Post
    Very interesting.
    Looks like Odyssey racks with those thick pillars.
    Founder: AVShowrooms- over 15,000,000 video views! featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Kronos Ltd. video review- AVS, Audionet- AVS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phrase: Bugatti of Audio.

Peter yes it does, I knew I had seen something similar to that before. SPOCKs looks like it is made much better so it might be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by peteravshow View Post
    Looks like Odyssey racks with those thick pillars.
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by peteravshow View Post
    That's a fine looking system, I bet it sounds wonderful.
    Thanks Peter,
    Im suspect of course, but i think it really plays well. Im always trying to improve the performance and some strengths of the system are hard to find at any price. Strings are very, very fine, and cymbals sound like they should: metal against metal (*). To be perfect, it need a little more groove, a little more density in the middle band.

When I have a good camera like yours, I promise you a video!

(*) In the last years I notice that some audiophiles are looking for a not aggressive sound and they throw way the baby with the water of the bath. The highs are often so soft, that one must almost do an effort to discovery or to imagine they are there. In most extreme cases what I find is a dark and uninteresting sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Beron View Post
    Very interesting.
    The rack, as some more furniture in the house, is a design of mine.
    If it was now, Ill do it a little different. At the time I do not suspected how important is the air around the equipments. Can you imagine the CD player, plays much better in the top of the rack? Unfortunately, to be in that place, I will need a longer interconnect.
    The rack its very heavy, but to control the vibrations, I use under each equipment two rocks of granite, upon a rubber granulated.

Name:  x.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  96.3 KB

Senior Member and Executive Music Editor javad's Avatar
    Nice system! I know Usher Mini Dancer 2 has great soundstage.
    like the room design too.

SPOCK excellent system and I especially like the rack you made. Can you post some pictures of it please?
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by javad View Post
    Nice system!
    Cheers Javad
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javad View Post
    I know Usher Mini Dancer 2 has great soundstage.
    Yes they have. But I think to get a big soundstage is very important a free space around and between the loudspeakers.

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    SPOCK excellent system and I especially like the rack you made. Can you post some pictures of it please?
    The rack is really very simple.
    Here two more photos.

Name:  p2160014.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  88.0 KB

Name:  p2160008.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  41.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SPOCK View Post
    Cheers Javad
    Thanks

Yes they have. But I think to get a big soundstage is very important a free space around and between the loudspeakers.

The rack is really very simple.
    Here two more photos.

Name:  p2160014.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  88.0 KB

Name:  p2160008.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  41.5 KB
    I really like the open sides design, this is well thought out.