Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spock system

I usually set my speakers up pointing at me directly or a little left right so I can see the inner sides ever so slightly. The Audio Notes are almost face direct to each ear, the Raidhos are firing direct to each ear plus 6", so they are toed a little out from direct dace on. I sit between 11 and 11.5 feet from the tweeters in an equilateral triangle (both systems).
    Founder: AVShowrooms- over 15,000,000 video views! featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Kronos Ltd. video review- AVS, Audionet- AVS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phrase: Bugatti of Audio.

Peter, i think you are totally right
    I already knew the importance of placing the speakers.
    And I tried several options with the predecessors, much smaller and much lighter. They were in the previous position, because being smaller, I preferred to hear them a little closer. And it was exactly in that position that the Usher stayed since they arrived so far. The approximately 54 kg and their height makes them not very easy to handle.
    So they have been getting in the starting position so far

But better late than never.

You can't see the toe in very well but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by SPOCK View Post
    Peter, i think you are totally right
    I already knew the importance of placing the speakers.
    And I tried several options with the predecessors, much smaller and much lighter. They were in the previous position, because being smaller, I preferred to hear them a little closer. And it was exactly in that position that the Usher stayed since they arrived so far. The approximately 54 kg and their height makes them not very easy to handle.
    So they have been getting in the starting position so far

But better late than never.
    Name:  21414852_1708151539217201_8447060527597997811_o.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  95.1 KB
    Founder: AVShowrooms- over 15,000,000 video views! featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Kronos Ltd. video review- AVS, Audionet- AVS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phrase: Bugatti of Audio.

yes, the Raidhos are beautiful, tall, and must be very heavy.
    Surely you need good help to move them ...

yes, the Raidhos are beautiful, tall, and must be very heavy.
    Surely you need good help to move them ...
    Along with their outstanding sound, they give the listener a very narrow visual baffle. This makes the speakers almost disappear from sight at the listening position. Contrast this with other statement speakers that shout out their size and presence and you have another advantage if "big speaker" looks are a turn-off to you or your family. I can go either way, but big speakers with large frontal baffles must have something catchy to look at, in my humble opinion.

The changes with this new position of the speakers were:

- much bigger stage. In all directions. This alows the perception of more air and space between the instruments.
    - much better stereo effect. Its looks like the system has more detail.
    - better focus, especially with the voices. More than ever, they appear right in the center.

The changes with this new position of the speakers were:

- much bigger stage. In all directions. This alows the perception of more air and space between the instruments.
    - much better stereo effect. Its looks like the system has more detail.
    - better focus, especially with the voices. More than ever, they appear right in the center.
    I've gone into to many people's rooms and moved the speakers just a little bit and the soundstage has exploded. I know what you mean.