Thread: Meeting Mr. McDonald

Meeting Mr. McDonald

We (My business partner Keith and Audience's local distributor Eric) had a great time meeting John yesterday. John is a real gentleman who is truly passionate about music. We had a blast playing with his Ones and really enjoyed his stories about how he got started and how he and his team got to where they are now. John has some new products in the works that I believe will rock a lot of folks worlds.

On the Ones, I told him that oh boy, these could be the "entry drug" for many a headphone guy. If this comes to pass, the guys at Audience will have done something truly special, get new blood into the hobby. Set up in the extreme near field as one would at a desk the speakers had gorgeous tone and were, as expected, seamless. What I did not expect was how low these went with just one tiny 3" full range driver and a passive radiator almost as tiny per side.

As for the other goodies, I won't spill the beans on the unreleased products.

Safe travels to our new friend, let's hang out the next time your back in town Johnny.
    PureSound PH

Philippine Distributor for:
    Ambience Speaker Systems, CH Precision, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Lamm Industries, Light Harmonic, Master-Built, TechDAS, Townshend, Valvet, Von Schweikert Audio

Myles B. Astor, PhD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Duavit View Post
    We (My business partner Keith and Audience's local distributor Eric) had a great time meeting John yesterday. John is a real gentleman who is truly passionate about music. We had a blast playing with his Ones and really enjoyed his stories about how he got started and how he and his team got to where they are now. John has some new products in the works that I believe will rock a lot of folks worlds.

On the Ones, I told him that oh boy, these could be the "entry drug" for many a headphone guy. If this comes to pass, the guys at Audience will have done something truly special, get new blood into the hobby. Set up in the extreme near field as one would at a desk the speakers had gorgeous tone and were, as expected, seamless. What I did not expect was how low these went with just one tiny 3" full range driver and a passive radiator almost as tiny per side.

Safe travels to our new friend, let's hang out the next time your back in town Johnny.
    Their PLC has gotten but universal praise. And their phono cable is always in rotation in my system when reviewing cartridges.

Hey Jack, I say your post is on the money! That is exactly what is most fun about this audio business, hanging out with audio folk and getting a different perspective from those you meet.
    Since there are only a small group of real audio guys in the world, we don't interact personally as much as we would like to, we are just so far apart.
    When you get the chance to get together that is all too rare and should be celebrated I says!
    That's probably why we are seeing so many audio shows here in the USA, people are seeking out their own kind and having fun doing it.
    Owner of United Home Audio www.unitedhomeaudio.com
    Manufacturer of UHA Reel to Reel Tape Decks since 2008.
    Dealer for: MBL level 3 dealer, Aesthetix, Electrocompainet, PS Audio, Clearaudio, Triangle Art Turntables, SME, Hanss Acoustics Turntables, Benz Micro, AMG Analog, NOLA Speakers, Vienna Acoustics, King Sound Speakers, Von Schweikert, Furutech, Synergistic Research, Tara Labs, Isoclean, Shun Mook, many more.
    A Video Tour of the UHA MBL Reference System = https://youtu.be/fr8O_jZhpl4

I hope I get a chance to hang out with you in the future too Greg. You're right, we do seek our own kind.
    PureSound PH

Philippine Distributor for:
    Ambience Speaker Systems, CH Precision, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Lamm Industries, Light Harmonic, Master-Built, TechDAS, Townshend, Valvet, Von Schweikert Audio

I hope I get a chance to hang out with you in the future too Greg. You're right, we do seek our own kind.
    Agreed it would be great to hang out and hear about your experiences, I am sure they are extensive.
    Owner of United Home Audio www.unitedhomeaudio.com
    Manufacturer of UHA Reel to Reel Tape Decks since 2008.
    Dealer for: MBL level 3 dealer, Aesthetix, Electrocompainet, PS Audio, Clearaudio, Triangle Art Turntables, SME, Hanss Acoustics Turntables, Benz Micro, AMG Analog, NOLA Speakers, Vienna Acoustics, King Sound Speakers, Von Schweikert, Furutech, Synergistic Research, Tara Labs, Isoclean, Shun Mook, many more.
    A Video Tour of the UHA MBL Reference System = https://youtu.be/fr8O_jZhpl4