Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 new tapes released by UltraAnalogue Recordings - 1st masters recorded with DC battery power supply to the record card

3 new tapes released by UltraAnalogue Recordings - 1st masters recorded with DC battery power supply to the record card

Thanks so much fo sharing the videos of your recordings. Excellent music. Sorry I don't have reel-to-reel.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Kraft View Post
    Thanks so much fo sharing the videos of your recordings. Excellent music. Sorry I don't have reel-to-reel.
    Thank you! Beethoven was a genius... such beautiful, timeless music...
    Please look into a tape deck - you will never regret it - it will open your ears!
    Ed

They're expensive...the good ones. And they require love, affection, maintenance; it's not like a turntable.

Well, I'm sorry to say, nothing good, especially in high-end audio is ever cheap...

I'm sure, if you factor in the arm, cartridge, phono stage, & TT - a good TT system will cost more than the tape deck which will bring a sound - LPs cannot touch...

If you think most good LPs from the 60s, 70s & 80s started their life as a master tape... it's no wonder, after so many format changes that has to happen to get you an LP from that tape.... that a good copy of the master tape has to be much better...

Certainly, there is much much more software for the TT, so tape is not meant to replace your TT... IMHO

No problemo Ed. We all do our best with what we don't have. And tapes are not so easily accessible...like Tidal, or LPs, or download high-res audio files, or CDs, or Blu-rays.
    And good quality music recordings on tapes is not like what we pay for ... say Tidal with MQA (for some folks...monthly subscription), or second-hand LPs @ garage sales, etc. ...Or @ our local libraries...CDs. Or @ Amazon, or all the world music from all the easily accessible sources online.

I know that tapes sound the very best; I used to record some on them...my own music.
    I wish I could join this beautiful world of analog tapes, but I live in the great high donjon of darkness from the underground world beneath my poor soul.

Sorry for the prose; I thank you for your generosity and sharing experience. You open a door to us living cheap humans.
    You show us how to become gods and queens of the higher order.
    It's a restricted world to the fortunate few. I need more friends in life living nearby with great music tapes of the music I love the most. ...Patricia Barber & gang.

I miss that closeness, that human touch of the soul, that superior music bliss. I try my best to be happy with what I can get, like hybrid multichannel SACDs for example.
    Do you have any 5.1-channel open-reel tapes in your repertoire?

About you Sue; are you a mono/stereo girl discretely secretively strictly?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post

About you Sue; are you a mono/stereo girl discretely secretively strictly?
    I can be anything you want, blonde, brunette or redhead perhaps? lol

Those vintage reel-to-reels are really kick ass, you know. I love the vintage Yamaha amp. I'm listening to history and history sounds great. Might be much riskier with a tape deck, though. All I needed was a a bottle of Deoxit and the old Yamaha was purring like a kitten. A vintage tape deck with issues could be a real can of worms.

Might be a lot safer to buy the Maggies I've been dreaming about.
    Last edited by Susan Kraft; 03-10-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Lol, just be you.

I mentioned mono/stereo because in the year 2017 this is no more a restriction. Even stereo headphones can be immersive like in real life...almost.
    Ed sent me some cool classical music recordings a while back, on CDs, to inspire me on tapes. That was very generous of him.

Some of my best musical moments in life, and in all simplicity, were from recording my own music playing on open-reel tapes, with I believe a German open-reel-deck.
    We attach moments in time, memories with our music; and it's those good memories that amplify our music listening in a more caressing and intimacy.
    It is part of our each own music evolution. ...What makes us today a bit of who we are, where we are, and with who we share in the moment. I'm sure of that.

Life's good; Ed is good, Sue is good, Bob is good, Terry is good, javad is good, ...we're all good in the things we do, in the things we love, in the things we share.

I need to buy a tux and go out more to classical music concerts. Thx Ed for the music videos...exquisitely and intimately pleasant.
    Music is a love affair, including tapes; it's the dance of life, a book we read without beginning or end.

You have certainly found the most profound meaning in life - BE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAVE....!

In this life, it's not about having more, but appreciating what we have - every moment, every material thing we have is a blessing!

I take nothing for granted - to be this close & be able to share this timeless music with you all, brings incredible joy to me... music feeds our souls...

Ed